CALIFORNIA CAR ACCIDENT LAW FIRM
A serious car accident can be a very difficult and traumatic experience. The Beverly Hills Injury firm, Yerushalmi Law Firm, is here to help. Regardless of whether the accident was a fender-bender or a catastrophic collision, our firm is here to provide answers and direction 24/7. At Yerushalmi Law Firm, our clients are our family. Therefore, unlike many personal injury firms, we help you every step of the way, from assisting you in getting fair and prompt resolutions to your property damage claims, to helping you find the best medical care and recover wage loss, we are dedicated to maximizing every opportunity for compensation because we understand that is what you deserve.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident call Yerushalmi Law Firm now at (310) 777- 7717.
WE HOLD INSURANCE COMPANIES ACCOUNTABLE
Insurance companies employ armies of investigators, experts and other professionals whose sole job is to protect the insurance companies profit margins by denying liability and/or paying out as little as possible on all claims. You need a skilled negotiator on your side that understands exactly what tricks insurance companies will use to lower your chances at a fair and just recovery.
At Yerushalmi Law Firm we are trained in fighting the insurance company every step of the way, we will immediately begin investigating the circumstances surrounding your accident and build a strong foundation to make sure you get the best recovery for your claim.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT? (9-Step Checklist)
1. DO NOT LEAVE- Even if the accident is minor, you should ALWAYS exchange information with the other driver(s) and passenger(s). Driving away from the scene of an accident could also add criminal charges to your record.
2. CALL 911- Even if no one is seriously injured, it will be beneficial to your claim to have a police report. Police can document the incident, gather information, and make it part of an official record.
3. EXCHANGE INFORMATION- Swap names, phone numbers, and insurance information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident. If you are unsure about what information to ask for, remember it is always better to be safe than sorry.
4. TAKE PICTURES- In today’s age of smart phones, most drivers and passengers on the road have a camera on them. It is vital to take photographs of the accident scene as soon as possible- even before moving the vehicles off the roadway. If you or anyone in your vehicle have visible injuries, take photographs of those as well.
5. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY- When speaking with the officers on the scene and with other motorists who were involved, never admit or suggest that the accident was your fault. Even if the accident was clearly caused by your own mistakes, you don’t know for sure. The other driver may have been drinking. There may have been a mechanical malfunction. Distractions, like texting and driving, may have taken the other drivers eyes off the road. Bottom line is, there are a number of factors to analyze before anyone be determined ‘at fault’ for an accident.
6. SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION- Go to the hospital or your primary doctor as soon as possible. Far too often, people will be afraid to visit a doctor because they fear they cannot afford the medical bills or some other reason. However, by hiring a car accident attorney, you may be able to find help with medical bills without paying any upfront fee. Another thing to keep in mind is that when someone involved in a car accident does not seek medical treatment right away, the insurance company will use this against them when settling the case by arguing that their injuries must not have been severe if they did not visit a doctor immediately.
7. CALL YERUSHALMI LAW FIRM- Even if you believe your injuries are minor, they may turn out to be more severe than you think. A slight headache could be due to a traumatic brain injury. And a stiff neck could actually be permanent damage to your spinal cord. Even before contacting your insurance company, we recommend contacting Yerushalmi Law Firm, as our Beverly Hills car accident lawyers can provide you with the proper steps and procedures for your unique situation. Remember, consultations are free and we do not get paid unless you win your case.
8. CHECK-IN WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY- Always alert only your insurance company of any accident you’ve been in, and cooperate with adjusters and their team. NEVER speak to the other driver’s insurance company. And REMEMBER- even your insurance company is NOT your friend. Always weigh advice from your attorney before signing any papers or giving a recorded statement to your insurance agent. Your insurance company may also represent the other driver, and they may attempt to try to get you to sign a settlement that is way below “fair” value.
9. CREATE A FILE- Keep accident related documents together and organized. Your file should include a copy of the police report, medical bills, other driver’s information, injury treatment plans, and any other documents you’ve collected regarding the accident.