5 COMMON TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENTS IN LOS ANGELES
Knowing the most common types of car accidents is an insightful thing, so you can be informed and alert while you are on the road. In this article, the Yerushalmi Law Firm listed five common types of car accidents in Los Angeles to enable you understand what you can do to reduce your risk of being involved in them.
Negligence on the part of a driver, vehicle or auto parts manufacturer, or even the government agency accountable for the upkeep of public streets may put all motorists and passengers at risk. While there are many variations on motor vehicle collision causes, the five common types of car accidents in Los Angeles include:
- Rear-end collisions: Tailgating – where one car follows another too closely is the most common cause of rear-end collisions. Other prevalent situations occur when the traffic slows unexpectedly. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that the most common type of collision happening on U.S. highways is the rear-end crash, making up 29 percent of all crashes. One can easily prevent such crashes by keeping a safe distance between their car and the vehicle in front.
- Side-impact collisions: Side-impact collisions occur when one car is hit by another on the side, often happening at intersections. Such collisions are often referred to as T-bone crashes. Failure to yield the right of way is the most common cause of side-impact accidents. Because of faster driving speeds and an increasing number of SUVs, crossovers, and trucks, T-bone collisions have increased in the last couple of decades. Looking both ways for oncoming traffic even when you have the right of way can help you prevent such incidents.
- Head-on collisions: Frontal impact accidents or head-on collisions are terribly dangerous and often fatal. These are commonly caused when one driver drifts or swerves into oncoming traffic. Such crashes often involve distracted drivers and speeding or reckless drivers.
- Low-speed collisions: Low-speed collisions can potentially inflict severe and long-term injuries with minimal damage to the vehicle. Such crashes typically happen in designated low-speed areas like parking lots and school zones.
- Single-car collisions: Single-Car Crashes involves driver losing vehicle control and hitting a sign pole or a tree. Impaired, distracted or drowsy driving leads to an increased risk of going off-road. Sometimes weather conditions also affect a driver’s ability to keep control of the car.
3 Things You Can Do To Prevent Car Accidents
- Avoid distracted driving, stay focused on the road.
- Never drive impaired or drowsy.
- Drive within the speed limit and obey traffic laws.
The implications of a car crash injury can be devastating and long-lasting, leading to expensive medical costs, lost income, and other losses. If you are involved in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may be eligible to recover compensation for the incurred damages. Contact a competent car accident lawyer immediately after the accident to protect your rights. An attorney will thoroughly investigate your accident, build a strong case, and negotiate fair and just compensation for your injuries.
Suffered injuries in a car accident in Los Angeles? Yerushalmi Law Firm’s
accomplished car accident attorneys will utilize their top-notch expertise to recover maximum compensation for your damages. Call us for a free consultation today at (310) 777-7717